Research Study on Binge Drinking Effects on Mental Ability and Brain Health
What is this project about?
We would like to learn if binge drinking is related to memory, reasoning, and attention abilities and changes in brain anatomy or function.
You can be in this study if:
1. You are a male who has had 5 or more drinks in less than two hours on three or more
occasions in the last month.
You are a female who has had 4 or more drinks in less than two hours on three or more occasions in the last month.
You have never done either of the above in your life.
2. You are 21 to 25 years old.
3. You have not used illegal drugs or illicit substances in the past year.
This study will involve:
1. A detailed alcohol and substance use interview and saliva drug screening for illicit drugs.
2. Having an fMRI while doing some cognitive tests.
3. Participants receive payment for their participation.
4. Your participation and data are maintained in a confidential manner.
If you would like to participate in the study, please e-mail your name, phone number, and the best times to contact you to: fMRI_study@yahoo.com
This study has been approved by the TTU Institutional Review Board.