Fiscal Year 2019 Year-End Deadlines
The following timeline has been established to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to the State Comptroller’s Office. Documents received after these deadlines will be processed in FY19 only with approval from the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Administration and Finance.
Sunday, August 18
· One-time payroll requests (additional compensation, lump sum payments, and payments to temporary employees) entered into EOPS with all departmental and Budget approvals by 5:00pm to process in FY19. FY20 requests should be held and submitted beginning September 1.
Friday, August 30
· Departmental deposits by 2:00pm to UFS. All cash and check deposits received after this time will be credited to FY20. If you have questions concerning revenue accrual entries, contact AS at AccountingServices@ttu.edu.
· Year-end valuation letters by 5:00pm to AS at email@example.com. Reporting templates will be provided via email by July 31.
o Library book and reference material purchases exceeding $5,000 for the fiscal year
o Art and historical treasure collections
o Livestock inventory
· Effort certifications for the January 1 to June 30, 2019 certification period by 5:00pm. Outstanding effort certifications will be escalated after this date in accordance with TTU Operating Policy 65.02. Effort certification questions directed to AS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Salary charges cleared from temporary salary FOPs (18T#) to the extent possible. Requests to carry negative fund balances on these fund types should be directed to AS at email@example.com.
Sunday, September 1
· FY20 accounting period 01 opens.
Friday, September 6
· Institutional vouchers (IV’s), cost transfers (CT’s), revenue transactions (RT’s), and journal vouchers (JV’s) entered into FiTS or submitted to AS with all departmental approvals by 5:00pm.
o Remember to use a transaction date of August 31, 2019. Cost transfers are not allowed across fiscal years.
o IVs for consumable supplies and services must be processed in the fiscal year in which the goods/services were provided/received. However, if IV’s are received after the deadline, they will be processed in FY20.
· Wires claimed by 5:00pm through UFS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unclaimed funds will be swept centrally.
· Accounts receivable amounts in excess of $10,000 (revenue earned in FY19 but not billed/received as of August 31) to email@example.com by 5:00pm.
· Unearned revenue amounts in excess of $10,000 for conferences/events set up in Touchnet Marketplace (revenue collected in FY19 for a conferences/events scheduled in FY20) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm.
· Year-end inventory of consumable supplies and items for resale in excess of $10,000 (as of August 31) by 5:00pm to AccountingServices@ttu.edu. Reporting templates will be provided via email by August 14.
· Labor redistributions for 9/1/18 – 8/15/19 pay periods by 5:00pm to email@example.com.
o Labor redistributions are not allowed across fiscal years. If you have salary transfers necessary to meet cost share commitments for FY19, they must be submitted by this date.
o Please review the program code on all faculty salaries to ensure that the program code allocation is correct.
· All transfer documentation to clear negative fund balances submitted to AccountingServices@ttu.edu by 5:00pm.
Monday, September 9
· Labor redistributions for 8/16/19 – 8/31/19 (SM17) pay period by 12:00 noon to firstname.lastname@example.org.